Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
By exhibiting exceptional teamwork, boundless curiosity, and the utmost care, the Framing Lead will lead their team to fulfil Blick’s commitment to our customers, the Arts, and our local communities. The Framing Lead will do this by acting as a representative of our company to the public handling all customer contact in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
The Framing Lead is responsible for driving revenue by providing our customers with outstanding customer service, helpful product knowledge, and building individual customer relationships. From the initial design session with the customer, to the pickup of the finished order, the Framing Lead is responsible for the complete cycle of a Design Center order while maintaining a clean, safe and orderly environment in accordance with company policies and procedures. Responsibilities include,
• Consistently demonstrate superior customer satisfaction by combining sales, product and other skills training to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Energetic and positive attitude with all customer interactions.
• Ensure compliance to all Loss Prevention measures and company Policies & Procedures.
• Process framing orders in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
• Process framing paperwork in an accurate, organized, and timely manner.
• Act as a first point of contact for all Design Center employees.
• Communicate unresolved issues to the General Manager.
• Provide training to new employees in Design Centers.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Available to work day/evening shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Prolonged walking, standing and climbing ladders.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. while using appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
• Experience with POS framing software
• Experience with computerized mat cutter
• Experience with wide format ink jet printing and photo manipulating software
• Working knowledge of framing materials, conservation principles and techniques, and systems for the safe care, handling, and framing of artwork.
• Elevates Service Standards
• Builds High Performing Teams
• Champions Core Values
• The Framing Lead directly supervises personnel within their store location.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds while using the appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
• Prolonged walking, standing, and climbing ladders.
• Some travel with occasional overnight stays for training purposes.
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.