Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
By exhibiting exceptional teamwork, boundless curiosity, and the utmost care, the Retail Store Receiver will assist their team to fulfil Blick’s commitment to our customers, the Arts, and our local communities. The Retail Store Receiver will do this by
verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and preparing items for stocking and/or shipment while meeting quality and productivity standards. Responsibilities include,
• Consistently deliver superior customer service by combining sales, product knowledge, and other skills training to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Complete and utilize the following programs: Blick Onboarding Training, Blick Sales Training, Preferred Customer Program, and Special Orders.
• Display an energetic and positive attitude with all customer interactions.
• Ensure compliance to all Loss Prevention measures and Policies and Procedures.
• Processe shipments, RTV’s, and discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
• Processe receiving paperwork in an accurate, organized, and timely manner.
• Supervise movement of product from receiving area to stockroom.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and hazard-free stock room and/or receiving area.
• Follows directions, showing an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as assigned with minimal supervision.
• Understand and act on the procedures required for reporting low stock levels, inventory discrepancies, and customer product requests to management as needed.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• Availability to work flexible schedules including day/evening shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Elevates Service Standards
• Builds High Performing Teams
• Champions Core Values
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds while using the appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
• Prolonged walking, standing, and climbing ladders.
• Minimal travel in the local area may be required.
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.